The Elgin County Railway Museum is pleased to offer curriculum based educational programming designed for students from grades 1 to 8. Our programs seek to engage students in learning with our building, artifacts, train cars and history as an immersive learning environment for students to explore.
Please click here for our Educational Programming Guide.
To book please email email@example.com or call (519) 637-6284.
The following Ontario Curriculum based programs are offered:
– Materials, Form, and Function, Grade 1 & 2
– Simple Machines at Work on the Railway, Grade 2 & 3
– Building Structures – Stable and Strong, Grade 3 & 4
– St. Thomas – Then & Now, Grade 5, 6, & 7
– Transportation at the Time of Confederation, Grade 7 & 8
– Educational Tour, All Ages (adjusted by age group as needed)
Please email or call to inquire further about program details.
Planning your visit:
– Programs are offered at $5.50 per student, with the exception of the educational tour, which is $5.00 per student. We do not charge HST for our educational programming.
– Programs are approximately 90 minutes in length, please arrive 15 minutes before your tour starts. There is ample space for parking available on-site.
– Programs must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
– A ratio of 1:6 is requested for your visit, and all chaperones and teachers are free of charge.
– The enclosed picnic area is available to all tour and program groups for snack or lunch breaks.
Our mission is to collect, preserve and interpret the railway heritage of Southwestern Ontario which will engage, educate and inspire local and global audiences. Elgin County Railway Museum seeks to fulfill this mission through a variety of offerings to our community, including: regular tours of our museum exhibits, educational programming and field trips, and special events hosted in our beautiful historic facility.Explore our museum
Hours of visiting
Thurs - Sun
Fri & Sat
- Hours may differ. Please contact us for information.
- For bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org